News Calendar Departments Minutes Forms Contact Us

Welcome to
the Town Clerk - Tax Collector - Registrar's page

Kelly McDonald

518-236-7927 ext. 103
Tuesday 8am - 3pm, Wednesday 1pm - 5pm & Thursday 8am - 3pm
And also available by appointment



The Town Clerk's office is pleased to offer the following services:


Dog Licenses

If your dog is four months of age or older, it is required by law that the dog be licensed.  Obtaining a license simply requires proof of rabies vaccination from your veterinarian showing the date the vaccination was given, the expiration date, and the rabies tag number if provided. Dog licenses must be renewed annually and the fees are as follows:

Spayed/ Neutered Dogs $10

Un-spayed/ Unneutered Dogs $20

*fees payable by check or cash

New York State Conservations Licenses

Did you know that you can purchase hunting licenses, fishing licenses, turkey permits, trapping licenses, and more at the Town of Mooers Office? Hunters need only to bring proof of identification and their old license. New York State requires that all fishermen over the age of 16 purchase a fishing license. Fee amounts vary depending on license type and may be made by check or cash.

Fishing License $25 ($50 Non- Resident)

Small and Big Game $22 ($100 Non-Resident)

Turkey Permit $10 ($20 Non-Resident)

Muzzle loading $15 ($30 Non-Resident)

Trapping $20 ($20 Non-Resident)

For more information on fees and regulations, please visit:

Handicap Parking Permits

Handicap Parking permits are available through the Town Clerk's office.  To obtain one, the form provided by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (see link below) needs to be completed by the applicants doctor with the doctor's original signature.  Please bring this form as well as a driver's license or non-driver identification card.  There is no fee for a Handicap Parking Permit.

Link to Handicap Parking Permit Application:

Marriage Licenses

You and your future spouse may obtain a marriage license at the office of the Town Clerk. The fee for a marriage license is $30 (payable by check or cash) and both parties are required to be present.  Please click: for more information on the requirements to apply for a marriage license as well the waiting period after obtaining the license and how long the license is valid.

For a certified copy of a marraige license use this form... Application to Town Clerk for Copy of Marraige Record

Tax Collector

Land tax bills are generated in January and may be paid by mail with a check or money order or in person with cash, check or money order. I will be available a few evening hours each week in January to Curious about your taxes? A helpful website to visit is:


If you require a copy of a marriage, birth, or death certificate, the office of the Town Clerk may be able to help. Each record type has a specific form required. Forms are available at the office of the Town Clerk and can be mailed or e-mailed upon request. There is a $10 fee per certified copy, made payable by check or cash.

For a certified copy of Birth Certificate use this form... Application to Local Registrar for Copy of Birth Record

For a certified copy of Death Certificate use this form... Application to Local Registrar for Copy of Death Record


© Copyrighted 2013. Town Council of Mooers, New York